June 5, 2012

Serendipity

Savage Beauty
By happy coincidence, when I was in New York last month (to begin a new project), my client asked if I'd like to accompany her to an Alexander McQueen fall preview luncheon.  I've been an admirer of McQueen from his early (rather dark) break out days, and Savage Beauty has topped my coffee table since the Met exhibition (2011)Sarah Burton who now leads the house of McQueen hosted the event, in the SOHO showroom of BDDW.  It was an extraordinary pairing of visual uniqueness.  In addition to the beautiful feathery garments on mannequins we were treated to the an inspiring runway presentation.  The innovative BDDW showroom was the perfect foil, for these fluid silhouettes.  As an interior designer every visual experience is stored in our collected memory, playing a role to fashion our own aesthetic perspective.  This one rocked.
Fall 2012 Alexander McQueen 
BDDW SOHO, NYC
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...